29 November 2016

Author Q&A Session #86: With John Lansing

Hello friends and readers,

We meet after a long while. Hope you all are doing fine and having a great day. And with the holidays just around the corner, I also hope that you all are getting your shopping done to your heart's fullest content. May the never-ending Christmas and Thanksgiving wishlist keeps growing!

Well about me, I'm great, just got back from a short weekend trip from the beachside where I went with my office colleagues and it was fun!

Okay, so let's get back to the literary world now. You know why I'm here! Yes, that's right, it's time for a brand new author interview session and today I present you with a talented and amazing author named, John Lansing whose books are exceelnt and intriguing enough to make make the readers fall for him and his stories.

His latest book, Dead is Dead is widely loved by readers from all over the world. So let's chat with this author to know more abouyt him, about the book and many other things that are both bookish and non-bookish.


So stay glued and don't miss this exclusive content!


Read the review of Dead is Dead




Me: Hello and welcome to my blog, John. Congratulations on your new book, Dead is Dead. How will you express your feelings about this book that has already won the hearts of so many readers?

John: Hi Aditi. Thanks for showcasing me on your blog. I am quite pleased with the positive response I’ve been receiving for Dead Is Dead. It’s the third book in my Jack Bertolino series, and it’s gratifying to know my readers think I’m on the right track.


Me: What was your source of inspiration behind this novel? Please tell us briefly about it.

John: The inspiration for my books generally start with the germ of an idea, or an event. I keep a thick file of stories I cull from newspapers, magazines, and post-its filled with scribbled conversations and personal experiences. I look for cases that are filled with conflict and and pull Jack Bertolino out of his comfort zone. One of the newspaper articles I held onto involved a drive-by gang shooting. One of the bangers bullets flew wide and killed a six-year-old girl in front of her parents home in Compton. An errant bullet, an innocent life cut short, and many lives destroyed. In Dead Is Dead, I wanted life to imitate art, and be able to use my personal history in show business to inform the story.


Me: Tell us one trait about your main character, Jack, that intrigues you the most.

John: Jack’s a man with a strong moral compass, but he doesn’t wear a white-hat anymore. He’s no longer on the police force, and rules that were black-and-white have to be bent now for the greater good. Jack doesn’t suffer fools, and he’s hard to befriend, but if you make the cut, he’ll take a bullet for you.


Me: How will you describe your journey so far as an author?


John: I spent many years acting in New York and Los Angeles, but I discovered more joy in creating a project than interpreting someone else’s work. I love writing because it’s one of the few disciplines in the arts where you don’t need anybody’s approval to ply your trade.


Me: Was it always your one true dream to be an author?

John: I didn’t grow up dreaming about being a writer. But now in hindsight I do think it was a natural evolution from my time spent working in Hollywood. Writing my first script was actually a fluke. I had committed to directing a short film and when the screenwriter dropped out due to illness, I was forced to pick up the pen, I never looked back.


Me: What other passions do you have apart from writing?

John: On my off time, I’m a foody who loves to cook Italian. I play a little golf. Love to travel but don’t do enough of it. I lose myself in books. And as soon as I’m finished writing this, I’m going to walk my dog. That will make him happy, and that keeps me happy.


Me: What's next up on your writing sleeves? Please tell us briefly about it.

John: I’m currently writing the 4th book in the Jack Bertolino series. It’s titled “The Fourth Gunman.” It’s too early in the process to talk story, but I will be revisiting the regular cast of characters that inhabit Jack’s universe, and the reader will be able to see how they evolve as the series progresses.


Me: Thanks John for joining me today on this interview session. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

John: Thanks for hosting me, Aditi. Your support means a great deal. All the best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's Bio:


John Lansing, started his career as an actor in New York City. He spent a year at the Royale Theatre performing the lead in the Broadway production of "Grease," before putting together a rock ‘n’ roll band and playing the iconic club CBGB.

John closed up his Tribeca loft and headed for the West coast where he landed a co-starring role in George Lucas' "More American Graffiti," and guest-starred on numerous television shows.
During his fifteen-year writing career, Lansing wrote and produced "Walker Texas Ranger," co-wrote two CBS Movies of the Week, and co-executive produced the ABC series "Scoundrels."
John's first book was "Good Cop Bad Money," a true crime tome he co-wrote with former NYPD Inspector Glen Morisano.
"The Devil's Necktie," his first Jack Bertolino novel, became a best seller on Barnes & Noble and hit #1 in Amazon’s Kindle store in the Crime Fiction genre.
Lansing’s newest release is the short story, “The Test,” a coming of age tale set on Long Island in 1963 that deals with race, violence, social politics, and young love.
Jack Bertolino returns in John's latest novel, "Dead Is Dead," the third book in his detective series.
A native of Long Island, John now resides in Los Angeles.


Connect with John on: WebsiteFacebook| Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!