26 February 2016

Author Q&A Session #56: With Viveca Sten


Good evening  Folks,

Hope you're having a good day or probably having a tight sleep with sweet dreams. It's author interview time once again, and today, I present you the Swedish international best-selling author,  Viveca Sten who is the author of a number of Sandhamn mystery books which have been published in Swedish. On October 2015, her book, Still Waters, which is the first book in the series have been translated in English. Viveca is here to talk about Sandhamn, her book and her life as an author. Stay tuned and keep reading.

Read the review of Still Waters



Me: Hello and welcome to my blog, Viveca. Congratulations on your new book, Still Waters. What was your source of inspiration for this story?

Viveca: The island of Sandhamn, just off the coast of Stockholm, which is not only at the center of the story but also very close to my heart. I love spending time in the archipelago of Stockholm and I have been on this island every summer since I was a little girl.


Me: How did you research for this book?

Viveca: I spoke to a large number of experts, some of them personal friends, in other cases I was referred via acquaintances. Of course, I had no idea how to kill people properly in those days, since it was my first crime novel. But I am a quick learner, ha ha.


Me: Tell us one trait of both, Thomas and Nora, that intrigues you that most.


Viveca: I am very fond of Thomas, who is a really nice guy, and quite handsome too, but not at all aware of his looks. This is a trait that I personally like in a person. Nora has a very profound sense of duty, she is determined and prepared to sticking things out even when matters are not going her way. In this, I can recognize a bit of myself ...


Me: How will you describe your journey as an author? Was it always your one true dream to be an author?

Viveca: Oh, my writing has taken me on a very exciting but unexpected trip. I never dreamed of becoming a full-time writer. On the contrary, I had successfully been working as a business lawyer for twenty years when my first crime novel hit the book shelves. But I am enjoying my new profession immensely. Every day of the week!


Me: What's next up on your writing sleeves? please tell us briefly about it.

Viveca: In Sweden I just released my eight novel in the Sandhamn Murder series and this spring I am doing a lot of promotion abroad. I will start writing on my next novel after the summer.


Me: Thanks Viveca for joining me today on this interview session. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

Viveca: Thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viveca's Bio:


Viveca Sten is the head jurist at Posten (the Swedish postal service) and has previously published a number of non-fiction works.

She lives outside of Stockholm with her husband and three children. Since she was young she's spent her summers on Sandhamn, an island in the Stockholm archipelago, where her family has owned a house for many generations.
















Connect with Viveca on: Website | Facebook | Instagram Goodreads 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!