19 April 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag






Hey Folks,

Hope you are having a great day. Well, I finally found some time to follow the Taylor Swift book tag from Jennifer @ AsteriskPear's Book Blog, which is by definition a meme featuring Taylor Swift's list of popular and hit songs from her career, followed by your interpretation of the books that matches with the theme of that song. Sounds cool right?!

Well, this meme was actually started by Sarah @ The Book Life as a YouTube video, so do check out her video!

 





First Song: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

A book/series you were sure you were in love with, then wanted to break up with.

Fifty Shades series
 The Fifty Shades series, the first book was really great and the second and the third books became very pretentious! 



Second Song: Red

A book with a red cover.

China Dolls
 
 Just like it's pretty cover, the book is too really enticing. I'm in love with the story of this book.



Third Song: The Best Day

A book that makes you feel nostalgic.

The Lives of Others

Shortlisted in 2014's Man Booker Prize, this book made me nostalgic about my own city- Calcutta, about my own family, my culture and everything surrounding my roots.



Fourth Song: Love Story

A book with forbidden love.

The Half Brother
 
 Forbidden only reminds me of incest between a professor and his student whereas in reality they have same father but different moms!



Fifth Song: I Knew You Were Trouble

A book with a bad character that you couldn't help but love.

Dark Places

Libby Day definitely falls in this category whose mindlessness, don't-care and kleptomaniac attitude made me hate her but in the end, I couldn't help myself in falling in love with her.



Sixth Song: Innocent

A book where someone/something ruined the ending for.

We All Looked Up
 
An ambiguous ending simply ruined the book!



Seventh Song: Everything Has Changed

A character from a book who goes through extensive character development.

Fangirl

Cather Avery goes through a lot of development in her demeanor, she evolved in a greater way at the end of the book, but extensive doesn't count.



Eighth Song: You Belong With Me

Your most anticipated book release.

Where Sea Meets Sky

Unfortunately Joshua and Gemma's relationship didn't match upto my expectations.



Ninth Song: Forever and Always

Your favorite book couple.

The Hunger Games series
 
Katniss and Peeta- the most cutest yet strongest fictional couple that I ever read about.



Tenth Song: Teardrops on my Guitar

A book that made you cry

Still Alice
 
Probably every single time when I'll read the book.






So if you're a huge Taylor Swift fan like me, then you are very welcome to join this meme. 

That's all Folks,
Happy Reading!

  

3 comments:

  1. Great post! The Lives of Others is an amazing book.

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it! (:

    Lol, I totally agree about 50 Shades! Haha!! I enjoyed it the first time, but I don't think I'll ever read the series again. I have to read Dark Places and We All Looked Up!

    Nice list, Aditi! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!