15 October 2014

Baby steps! Where to start? What to read?





Feeling confused?! As if which book will be your first step to unravel that beautiful world filled with wisdom! Honestly, I cannot judge that,or rather say not much well-read to recommend which is going to be your first book! But if you follow my blog, you might get some ideas.

There's so less time, and dammit, so many books to read! Even if I live till 100, I might not even get to cover the 10% of the total books in the world! There are infinite number of books! I wish I could be an immortal person. Gosh! Vampires are so lucky!! See this is what I'm talking about. Sometimes getting out of your world doesn't hurt much, in-fact it acts as a great stress-buster. Hence we all need to shut out realities at least at some point of time. There have been so many great authors born in this world and have contributed us with their wisdom and gift of storytelling. Some books change our lives, some nurture us, some help us to love and some only make us fall in love with their stories and some help us grow as an individual.

If I were you, say suppose a grown up adult, want to to read a book or two to explore the literary world, then, I would have chosen, F.Scott Fitzgerald's book, The Great Gatsby, which is 100% easy to read and is bound to enlighten you with it's literature.

Trust me, when I say this- Detective/ Mystery/Thrillers are all a short-cut to experience the world of literature. If you truly need to feel that exotic-ness hidden in the literary world, then you ought to read some great novels of Fitzgerald or Chekhov or Tolstoy or Dickens or Henry etc.

Give a thought about it and I'll meet you in my next post! :-)












3 comments:

  1. This post is awesome. You write so cool sis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey awesome post. The picture of the library is something so relatable, books are our universe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!